Book Help Web


 

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Master of Verona

With so few minutes for reading this week, I've gotten only a few chapters into David Blixt's Master of Verona.

However, an early observation is that it is quickly apparent that Blixt is intimately familiar with medieval costumes and fabrics. Chalk it up to his being an actor and familiar with how to wear and move in the garb of the day. The result is that his descriptions are very vivid and detailed and make for interesting reading.

3 Comments:

  • The phrase "damning with faint praise" comes to mind...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 AM  

  • Really?

    It wasn't intended to be. Rather it was merely an observation made long before I have any ability to make critical judgment because I've read very little at this point.

    While I think it is possible to critique or review a work within the context of a blog entry, I almost never do. I see blog entries as places to discuss individual elements, but I save the critiquing and reviewing for other spots.

    By Blogger Book Help Web Editorial Team, at 11:53 AM  

  • Of course. I apologize. It's just that, with my perverse sense of humor, I was entertained by the fact that the clothing was what stood out. Didn't mean to sound defensive - quite the contrary, in fact.
    Cheers,
    DB

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 
Consumer Help Web Book Help Web Complaint Service Beading Book Cooking Finance Homeschool MMA Movies Music Scrapbook Shopping Travel TV Book Home Reviews by Author Reviews by Title Book Awards Interviews Blog Contact