Book Help Web


 

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

2006 Caldecott Award Winners

I am a huge fan of children's and young adult literature. Very easily my favorite novel of the entire genre is Phantom Tollbooth, a delightful romp that captured my imagination as a child and continues to delight me as an adult. I was always a little disappointed that the author Norman Juster never had more books for us. Or rather, that he did only book that I was never able to find.

So I was thrilled recently when I opened up the winners of the 2006 Caldecott awards announcement and learned that the author of the medal-winning book was none other than Juster. I know what book I will be picking up on my next trip to the bookstore or library.

Mind, he wasn't the winner. Caldecott Awards are given to the illustrator of children's books, so the medal went to Chris Raschka for his work bringing to life Juster's The Hello, Goodbye Window.

This year's Honor Books are:

Rosa illustrated by Bryan Collier, written by Nikki Giovanni
Zen Shorts illustrated and written by Jon J. Muth
Hot Air illustrated and written by Marjorie Priceman
Song of the Water Boatman illustrated by Beckie Prange, written by Joyce Sidman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 
Consumer Help Web Book Help Web Complaint Service Beading Book Cooking Finance Homeschool MMA Movies Music Scrapbook Shopping Travel TV Book Home Reviews by Author Reviews by Title Book Awards Interviews Blog Contact