Book Help Web


 

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Leon Goss III

I'll get back to writing about the young adult literature challenge in my next post, but I'm going to take a slight (very slight) detour.

Toward the end of last year, I stumbled upon a new children's book author. He published four titles that came out on the first day of 2007. All of them were children's picture books with empowering themes. What I especially liked about the three titles that I read was the sense of humor. Most of them had a fairly light touch and were amusing as well as uplifting. Leon Goss III has formed what he dubs an entertainment company that includes a publishing arm.

The main page of the company's Website refers to other books that they're publishing, but the publishing pages of the Website lead to dead links.

Speaking of digressions, I absolutely cringed at the press release talking about their donation of 150 books to a congresswoman for dispersal to needy readers. In a quick read of the two paragraph release, I found eight spelling and punctuation errors as well as content challenges. It was a bit painful for a site that promotes literacy.

Book Help Web now has reviews for two of the three titles that I read and the third one, Selfus Esteemus Personalitus Low, is on the to-do list. My favorite was In Your Seat, Mr. Pete because it took such a delightful outlook on a young, creative, rambunctious boy. However, I was also tickled by both the illustrations and storyline of By the Light of the Moon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 
Consumer Help Web Book Help Web Complaint Service Beading Book Cooking Finance Homeschool MMA Movies Music Scrapbook Shopping Travel TV Book Home Reviews by Author Reviews by Title Book Awards Interviews Blog Contact