Book Help Web


 

Thursday, February 15, 2007

More books and theater

While in L.A., one of our evenings was spent listening to lecture about Sondheim that was interspersed with performances of his numbers.

One of the songs that caught my attention was one I had been previously unfamiliar with. It was sung by Fosca in the musical Passion. She sings:

I do not read to think.

I do not read to learn.
I do not read to search for truth,
I know the truth,

The truth is hardly what I need.
I read to dream.

I read to live

In other people's lives.
I read about the joys

The world
Dispenses to the fortunate,
And listen for the echoes.
(Fiercly)
I read to live,
To get away from life!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 
Consumer Help Web Book Help Web Complaint Service Beading Book Cooking Finance Homeschool MMA Movies Music Scrapbook Shopping Travel TV Book Home Reviews by Author Reviews by Title Book Awards Interviews Blog Contact