Book Help Web


 

Monday, July 23, 2007

Still no spoilers--but very satisfied

After being disappointed in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, I'll admit I was a little worried about the final book. Sure, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was a solid book that I enjoyed, but there were a lot of loose ends to wrap up. Would Rowling sacrifice pace just to get in all the details that were left open?

I'm pleased to say that I was not in the least disappointed in this book. The pacing was incredible and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is easily the best book in the series. It's a fitting ending and I'll confess to being highly satisfied.

First off, the experience of reading the book was a good one--as in the others, I laughed aloud several times. However, I also cried several times throughout the book, sometimes for grief, sometimes for joy, and sometimes because the satisfaction and thrill was so great. It was, overall, a very emotional read.

It also did a wonderful job of finishing the story. It's over and I'm not left longing for more or wondering about open-ended storylines. It's done, it was wonderful, and now it is time for another story in another world.

1 Comments:

  • My two cents. You know that Rowling started to lose me at the Goblet of Fire. She became a brand, in my opinion, and editors seemed afraid to tell her that she needed to cut words.

    I am terribly disappointed in the last two books. The last actually was pretty good for the first 300 pages. I detested the ending, though, and think she could have done much better to engage the reader. I felt very distanced from the characters.

    As our mutual friend once said, "That's why there's chocolate and vanilla."

    I wonder if the Stardust movie is any good? It's the only Neil Gaiman book I ever panned. ;-)

    By Blogger George Bounacos, at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 
Consumer Help Web Book Help Web Complaint Service Beading Book Cooking Finance Homeschool MMA Movies Music Scrapbook Shopping Travel TV Book Home Reviews by Author Reviews by Title Book Awards Interviews Blog Contact